|Copyright 1998-2021 © www.infoSystem.cz,
The Renaissance chateau in Kelč
Originally it used to be a fort which served as an administration for the Lordship from Kelč. Bruno von Schauenburg rebuilt it for his officiating as he stayed here for some time and he loved thiw town somehow and "he sealed quite a few lists by his name" In 1424 both the town and the fort were burned down by the Taborites. In 1429 the fort was called "a Dominical Chateau", now there is a town. Brothers Jan and Beneš from Heršice built up a new fort. The King Mathias's troops conquered "the Kelč castle" enemies were killed unmercifully and Zich from Kelč was hung. During 1584 - 92 the bishop Stanislav Pavlovský had the chateau (in today's resemblance) built. It was built by Jakub Vlach, a mason together with his fellows. Building the chateau caused the rustic uprising in 1589 but it was suppressed. On 16. 1. 1647 the town was burned down by Swedes. The bourgeoisie ran found its shelter in the chateau. After the swedish wars the chateau was reconstructed by the bishop Karel from Lichtenstein and Kastelkorn. On 17. 6. 1742 the chateau burned down with eight adjoining houses. It was empty and desert since. The administration was assigned to the chateau in Všechovice. At the beginning of this century the chateau was absolutely ruinous. During the first world war Jews were moved in the chateau and they had their own school there as well. In 1924 the chateau was purchased by Božena Němcová association and was put to the ČZ PM in Brno, which established there an institution for children with mental disorder and an associated school. In 1956 the institution was converted into a special boarding apprentice training school.
součást prezentačního a rezervačního systému Doménová koule ®